There are dozens of VPN providers on the current market. People can pick the most suitable options based on their preferences and needs. Yet, far from all options can actually support Kodi. Let’s find out why and get the best providers that deliver great results with this streaming device.
The peculiarities and requirements a VPN must meet to work with Kodi
First of all, it’s a well-known fact that a VPN can cut down the speed. In this case, the speed must remain high so that you were actually able to stream content. Otherwise, it’ll just keep buffering or crashing.
Moreover, a VPN provider must support Android. Mind that it’s smart TV’s one, not the mobile version. You can also try the options that work on other systems like Windows, Mac OS, etc. but the best option remains Smart TV’s Android.
Finally, you can only use a VPN that gives you a complete guide on how to set up the service for it to work on Kodi. While it’s very simple to install VPN any device like a smartphone, laptop, etc., it’s much harder to do it on Google Nexus Player or Raspberry PI.
Which companies can keep up with these requirements?
It turns out far from all companies that state they work on Kodi actually do. If you want to get a reliable option, your best overall choice is sure to be ExpressVPN. It’s one of the most popular options for all sorts of devices. Since it supports the P2P protocol and torrenting, it can cope with Kodi, too. Mind that the company offers other protocols but you need to stick to the P2P. ExpressVPN also has other advantages:
- You can use over 3 000 servers worldwide,
- The company’s servers are based on 140+ locations,
- One account can cover all your household devices since it’s also a great choice for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS devices.
- You are sure to get step-by-step instruction on how to install the app on Raspberry PI.
- It’s very straightforward and user-friendly.
- The company has a no-log policy meaning your online activities won’t be traced and stored.
Another great and very popular option is NordVPN. It can even keep up with Netflix. You can install the app on Kodi in one click which makes it the easiest option on the market. This is also one of the top choices for all kinds of devices since it offers lots of perks and features:
- The company maintains about 5 200 servers in 60+ countries.
- You can access any content which was restricted by your location.
- The app supports the P2P protocol which means that all Kodi add-ons will keep working when you use it.
- It has special servers for tormenting and Peer-to-Peer networks.
- NordVPN delivers excellent speeds.
- Affordable pricing makes it even more convenient and alluring.
- It comes with extra features like CyberSec, Ad Blocker, etc.
You can pick any option from these 2. Anyway, you are sure to be satisfied with the results. Moreover, both companies offer free versions for you to try and come to your own conclusion. Each of them has certain strong sides and peculiarities. No wonder they are the leaders on the market. Your choice, however, should be based only on the things you need.